Inspired by this and Dave Matthews, I have decided to post my list of favorite books. I found this list while reading my older blogs from another life. While reading my older blogs (from another life) I also discovered that I have been playing solitaire obsessively for the last 5 years.
Anyway, back to the list. I have edited out some of the books that are not my favorites anymore, so I have a total of 15 at the moment. These are books I cannot part with and will take with me when the world is ending to a high mountain where I’ll wait for – well, the end obviously.
1. Alien Earth by Megan Lindholm
2. Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami
3. Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
4. Never Let me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
5. Reaperman by Terry Pratchett
6. She’s Come Undone by Wally Lamb
7. The Company of Women by Khushwant Singh
8. The Earthsea Quartet by Ursula LeGuin
9. The Face of the Waters by Robert Silverberg
10. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
11. The Sound of Waves by Yukio Mishima
12. The Stand by Stephen King
13. Of Human Bondage by W. Somerset Maugham
14. The Chrysalids by John Wyndham
15. Kartography by Kamila Shamsie
I do have more favorites. Perhaps I’ll have to take a bigger bag with me when the world ends.